Accepting Submissions Starting January 1st, 2024
submission deadline: April 1st, 2024
*OFSC will honor one athlete each year with a $500 Academic Scholarship. Scholarship recipients will be selected in 2024 and awarded for use during the 2024-2025 academic year. Skaters may not receive a scholarship for 2 consecutive years, and recipients must send receipts and/or expenses to the OFSC Treasurer.
Our purpose is to provide financial support to an Ozark Figure Skating Club Member seeking formal accredited education beyond high school, including, but not limited to, typical 4-year colleges, community colleges, and vocational training.
Funds may be used to tuition, books, or supplies during one academic year.
Funds will be paid directly to the institution.
The amount of Scholarship is $500, not renewable.
Changes to the scholarship amount may be made by the organization based on factors including, but not limited to, the amount of dollars available from the fund.
Any OFSC member in good standing graduating from high school or enrolled in an accredited university, college, vocational school, or technical school.
Completed scholarship submission documents submitted on or before the deadline (see list below).
Applicants must be OFSC members in good standing for the current membership year in which the application is due.
Applicants are encouraged to apply, regardless of grade point, test scores, ethnicity, origin, age, sex, marital status, or prospective field of study.
❖ SELECTION CRITERIA
The criteria for selection of the scholarship is determined by the OFSC Board. Consideration will be given to the application, recommendation form, written essay, student goals, volunteer, work, and extracurricular activities.
❖ DISBURSEMENT OF SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS
Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the academic institution after the club treasurer receives a copy of the student’s bill.
❖ SCHOLARSHIP SUBMISSION INFORMATION
Applicant is responsible for submission of all required forms by the due date.
If you are unsure of your submission status, contact the club email.
Applicants should submit the following items in the method indicated below:
1. OFSC scholarship application form (GOOGLE FORM)
2. OFSC scholarship recommendation form (GOOGLE FORM) To be filled out by applicant's coach.
3. Essay and Academic Resume (GOOGLE FORM) Essay: What is your major area of college interest? What is the most important educational goal you have set for yourself and what have you learned from skating that you believe will help you achieve your educational goals? Academic resume should include: information about academics, service activities, sports, employment history, and/or clubs.
4. Official transcript showing 7 semester high school GPA or most current technical school, college, or university transcript. NOTE: This must be submitted to the club via the OFSC DROP BOX in the back hallway, in person to the OFSC President or Treasurer, or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional items required for applicants who are applying prior to high school graduation (incoming freshman):
5. ACT/SAT score report
6. Acceptance letter to technical school, college or university
7. Letter of recommendation from a current teacher or school official
NOTE: Submit items 5-7 to the club via the OFSC DROP BOX in the back hallway, in person to the OFSC President or Treasurer, or electronically to email@example.com. Consolidate physical items as much as possible when submitting to avoid any mix ups. If preferred, paper forms will still be accepted for items 1-3 at this time. You can find them in the link below.